As a STEP student, you will have an opportunity to participate in exciting and challenging classes and activities. High school students will receive college counseling and workshops on how to help with applying for financial aid.
- Enrichment classes and laboratories: Advanced work in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Special lectures and workshops: Introductions to specialized fields in the health professions, computer science, engineering, business, and others.
- Test Prep Classes: Review courses for high school Regents Exams (i.e. Algebra, Trigonometry, Living Environment, Chemistry), SAT exams, or the SHSAT exam (admissions test for specialized high schools).
- Research: Opportunities to conduct scientific research and present findings to a panel of peers or experts.
- Career activities: Guest speakers, panel discussions, and workshops on writing resumes and interviewing preparation.
- College Preparation: Workshops such as an Introduction to College or College Essay Writing combined with individualized counseling for the college and high school selection process.
- Cultural and recreational activities: Classroom academics are enhanced by field trips to science museums, research facilities, environmental organizations, and local landmarks in NYC.